Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
School of Engineering
University of California, Merced
5200 N. Lake Road
Merced, CA 95343
Email: adatta2 [at] ucmerced.edu
Looking for summer internships in Software Engineering/ Database Systems / Machine Learning.
My research focuses on Database Systems and Query Optimization. In particular:
- Estimating cardinality of a Database Query.
- How different type of Execution Engine(CPU/GPU etc.) impacts in overall query processing.
I am a 3rd year PhD student at University of California,Merced
supervised by Professor Florin Rusu.
I have received my BSc in Computer Science and Engineering from Leading University, Sylhet, Bangladesh in 2014.
After completing by BSc, I worked for Accenture as a system engineer till Nov, 2017.
You can find my resume [here].
- Sub Reviewer, Scientific and Statistical Database Management Conference [SSDBM 19,20].
- External Reviewer, IEEE International Conference on Big Data.
- Member, Association for Computing Machinary.
- Graduate Research Assistant | University of California, Merced | Aug, 2018 - Present
- Graduate Teaching Assistant | University of California, Merced | Aug, 2018 - Present
- System Engineer | Accenture | Oct, 2014 - Nov, 2017
Course & Projects
- Database Implementation | Spring 2019 | Course Project (Database Sys Implementation)
Implement database main components includes a) Catalog, b) Query Optimizer, c) Data Loader and d) Execution Engine
tools - CPP,Lex,YACC
- Baseball Elimination | Fall 2019 | Course Project (Advance Algorithm)
Find which teams have a chance to win Baseball league using MaxFlow Mincut Algorithm
tools - CPP |
code - github
- SOFC Approximation | Fall 2019 | Course Project (Parallel Computing)
Approximate and optimize Solid Oxide Fuel Cell simulation using ML model and parallelize model training using GPU.
tools - python,CPP,tensorflow | code - github |
result - 78 percent accuracy on synthetic data.
- Autonomous Retail | Spring 2020 | Course Project (Computer Vision & Adv. Topics in Intel. Sys.)
Tracking misplaced items in an autonomous Retail store which includes a) Event Detection b) Object Recognition.
code - github |
result - Partial implementation; PoseNet accuracy 90 percent(minimal test cases); Image Classifier 70 percent accuracy (minimal test cases)
- Poster || Yesdaulet Izenov, Asoke Datta, Jun Hyung Shin, Florin Rusu. Sketch-based Join Order Selection for In-Memory Database Systems .
Poster session presented at: NorCal DB 2019. Northern California Database Meetup; 2019 May 1, Sanfrancisco, California
- Exploring exsiting activities
- 6/26/2020 : Sky Diving from 18000 feet pic1 pic2
Last updated: 9:49:03 am PDT Monday, September 7, 2020